About the University
University of Johannesburg
- Johannesburg, South Africa
Language of Instruction: English, Afrikaans, and Sesotho Sa Leboa
The University of Johannesburg (UJ) is a premier city university rooted in Africa. It shares the pace and energy of cosmopolitan Johannesburg. Noted for its strength in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics, UJ offers a comprehensive menu of programs and is committed to delivering outstanding higher education. The university embraces South Africa's rich histories, cultures, religions, races, genders, and social and economic classes and languages. With a focus on identifying research areas, community engagement, and a commitment to internationalization, UJ addresses the challenges of the 21st century by combining the best of university and vocation-oriented education.
UJ has four campuses and nine faculties: arts, design and architecture, economic and financial services, education, engineering and the built environment, health sciences, humanities, law, management, and science. On-campus activities includes sports clubs and student organizations.
Language Prerequisite: None.
ISEP is an organization of over 100 institutions which have agreed to participate in student exchanges. NC State's participation in ISEP allows you to attend universities in 41 countries worldwide.
- ISEP Direct
- Students pay tuition, room and board directly to ISEP.
- Cost for ISEP Direct programs is available on the ISEP Direct website.
- Not competitive as long as a student meets the minimum requirements.
- Best option for out-of-state students. This is not available for every program. Please see the ISEP Direct website for a list of ISEP Direct sites.
- Some ISEP Direct programs have an extended deadline - check with your Study Abroad Advisor for details.
To learn about this specific ISEP program, please visit the "homepage" link listed above.
Please view the Budget Sheet to help further determine the costs for the ISEP Direct programs.
- ISEP Website
- Application Deadlines
- The program sites in the Northern Hemisphere follow a similar calendar to NC State. For program dates, please see the host university's website.
The University reserves the right to alter the program format and/or costs in case of conditions beyond its control. If the program is canceled or a student withdraws, a refund of program costs may not be available in all cases. Please refer to the Study Abroad Office Refund Policy for details.