Massey has three campuses - Auckland, Palmerston North, and Wellington. The Palmerston North campus is the original (main) campus, with a student population of about 10,000 and a city population of about 75,000. It is a very student-oriented city. The campus specialties include sciences, engineering, business, social sciences, and Maori studies.
The Auckland campus is located in the largest city. The campus has about 6500 students and the city has a population of about 1.3 million. The Auckland campus is very multicultural and offers a large variety of courses.
The Wellington campus is the smallest, with a student population of about 6000. It is known as the more creative campus, and offers courses in design, fine arts, fashion, interior design, music, and also business and engineering.
The grading scale at Massey is similar to the U.S. Students must get a grade of A, B, or C in order for credits to transfer back to NC State.
Courses in New Zealand are called papers. Most papers are 12.5 points (2 hours lecture + 1 hour tutorial per week). Students usually take 4 papers per semester, which equates to 50 points in New Zealand and 12-15 credits in the United States.
ISEP is an organization of over 100 institutions which have agreed to participate in student exchanges. NC State's participation in ISEP allows you to attend universities in 39 countries worldwide.
ISEP locations include both ISEP Exchange and ISEP Direct sites. The difference between these options is outlined below:
- ISEP Exchange
- Students pay normal NC State tuition.
- Students pay room and board to the Study Abroad Office. Room and board costs are determined by rates set by NC State Housing.
- Can be very competitive depending on the location.
- Best option for in-state students. This is not available for ISEP Australia and New Zealand sites. Please see the ISEP Exchange website for more details.
- ISEP Direct
- Students pay tuition, room and board directly to ISEP.
- Cost for ISEP Direct programs is available on the ISEP Direct website.
- Not competitive as long as a student meets the minimum requirements.
- Best option for out-of-state students. This is not available for every program. Please see the ISEP Direct website for a list of ISEP Direct sites.
To learn about this specific ISEP program, please visit the "homepage" link listed above.
- ISEP Website
- Application Deadlines
- The program sites in the Northern Hemisphere follow a similar calendar to NC State. For program dates, please see the host university's website.
The University reserves the right to alter the program format and/or costs in case of conditions beyond its control. If the program is canceled or a student withdraws, a refund of program costs may not be available in all cases. Please refer to the Study Abroad Office Refund Policy for details.
Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org