Gain international experience without leaving your home - and earn up to 3 credits!
Virtual internships can serve as an important stepping stone to build up your skills, resume, and cross-cultural understanding, adding a global perspective to your professional work experience. This can be a great foundation for future internships on site.
Internships are 15-30 hours a week for 6 weeks and are available with companies and organizations in: Argentina, Barcelona, Ecuador, New Zealand, and South Africa.
With a CISabroad virtual internship you will be able to:
Areas of Study
Virtual internships are available in a wide variety of career fields including:
- Earn a “Working Virtually Across Cultures” digital credential
- Connect with your host country through our Virtual La Vida Local experiences
- Have regular check-ins and support from your Site Director
- Take part in structured seminars to build professional skills and support the possibility of home school credit
Architecture ❙ Art & Design ❙ Biology & Ecology ❙ Business & Economics ❙ Education ❙ Engineering ❙ Entrepreneurship ❙ Environmental & Sustainability ❙ Fashion ❙ Finance ❙ Government & Politics ❙ Health ❙ Hospitality, Tourism & Event Planning ❙ IT & Computer Systems ❙ Journalism & Media ❙ Marketing, Advertising & PR ❙ NGOs & Non-Profit ❙ Performing Arts ❙ Social Work ❙ Sports & Exercise Science
Since its founding in 1999, CISabroad has served more than 15,000 students. They are a leader in meeting the needs of students who come from a variety of socioeconomic and educational backgrounds, who identify across the spectrums of gender and race, and who pursue a myriad of academic opportunities.
Missed the NC State application deadline?
- Submit an application for a CIS Abroad Virtual Internship application for the program of your choice.
- CIS Abroad may require that your NC State study abroad advisor to approve your application. You will need to have submitted your PackAbroad application (part 2 below) and be in Accepted status before the Study Abroad Office will sign enrollment agreement forms.
- All transcripts for non-NC State Programs should be sent to the Study Abroad Office.
- Complete the Virtual Internship: CIS Abroad application with NC State by clicking the "Apply Now" button on this page, including the Course Approval Form (necessary course descriptions should be obtained from the program sponsor) and admin fee.
- Note: students studying in online programs are not eligible to apply for scholarships from the Study Abroad Office.
If CIS Abroad is still accepting applications or you've already applied to them directly, email us at email@example.com
to initiate an application. Please note that late applications will not be eligible for financial aid and the virtual global internship credits will not count towards academic progress units. However, other program benefits apply and credits will still be transferrable.