This program is FULL for 2019.
Taking advantage of the academic expertise of the host institution, Universita Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, participants learn from leading scholars and business men and women in the topics of ethics and law. In the law course, students gain a broad introduction to topics such as contract, tort, and agency law. The ethics course focuses on ethical issues including social responsibility and the rights of employers, employees, and consumers.
Located in the quintessential Italian town of Piacenza, the Italy: Ethics & Law program provides students the opportunity to truly engage with local culture at the small pizza shop next to the hotel, on the city bus commuting to class, or in the many plazas where families and friends gather late into the evening. Because of Piacenza's proximity to Milan, the industrial and financial capital of Italy, students also experience "city life" through both corporate and cultural visits.
- PHI 214: Issues in Business Ethics
- MIE 305: Legal and Regulatory Environment
- M 380: Doing Business in Italy
- NC State Program Cost
- See Budget Sheet for a total estimated cost of attendance
- Program Dates
- Piacenza, Italy
- Visits to Milan, Florence, and Tuscany
- 2.5+ GPA
- Not on active disciplinary probation
- Not on Academic Integrity Probation currently or during the prior semester
- Prerequisite: MIE 201
The hotels are located near the center of Piacenza within walking distance to many restaurants and shops.
A passport valid for at least 6 months following the end program date is required for international travel.