Semester at DIS Copenhagen
Ignite your love of learning, further your academic achievements, develop intercultural understanding, and acquire life skills essential for engaged citizenship. Discover Europe and meet the unexpected.
Pursue your Academic and Personal Goals
Choose a core course from 27 academic programs and select from over 240 upper-level elective courses. Your freedom of choice extends to your housing, where you apply for living arrangements that best fit you.
Intellectually stimulating courses challenge you to examine issues from various perspectives, as you debate, play, research, analyze, and reflect on contemporary topics and burning issues.
With an emphasis on hands-on learning experiences, you have opportunities to simulate real-life scenarios, make connections, and build your resume.
Europe as Your Classroom
Take your classroom on the road with two course-integrated, faculty-led study tours with your core course! Visit important sites and meet with local experts who add cultural perspectives to your knowledge of the field.
Faculty Who Teach What They Do
Most faculty work as professionals in the areas they teach, bringing theory to life by sharing real-world examples in the classroom.
Academic counseling and personal support resources are available to you during your time abroad, providing you a solid foundation upon which to grow.
In your courses, you focus on the importance of cultural context and are exposed to how issues are perceived, lived, and theorized in Europe. It is also your chance to reflect on the cultural norms and values that shape you.
Meet the Locals
Living in a Homestay, signing up for a sports team, taking a Danish Language and Culture course, or attending evening seminar are among the ways to build your international network and meet the locals.
NC State Application Instructions
(Please read each step carefully)
- Submit an application through DIS to the program of your choice.
- DIS will require that your NC State study abroad advisor approve your application. Please note than before they can approve your DIS application, you will need to have submitted your PackAbroad application and be in Accepted status.
- Complete a Non-NC State programs application in PackAbroad by clicking 'Apply Now' on this page
- Financial Aid is generally available to help qualified NC State students to meet the expenses of study abroad. For additional funding, NC State students should consider applying for a study abroad scholarship, and check out other ideas for funding study abroad.
- All transcripts should be sent to the NC State Study Abroad Office.